The purposes of the association are carry out the Vision and the mission of the Zimbabwe Community in Australia(Vic)Inc.
The association’s vision is to create a strong, united and prosperous community for all Zimbabweans and people of Zimbabwean heritage in Australia (Victoria)
Our mission is to provide to our members a forum for cooperative action and consensus building in order to promote unity, family support, finds and creates opportunities, and solves problems.
Our Objectives are:
1. Promoting a positive Zimbabwean identity, and the development of Zimbabwean knowledge to our community and the Australian public.
2. To provide support to our community, including acting as a resource centre.
3. To support community members upon bereavement.
4. To facilitate, establish and improve communication within our community, and other communities including federal, state, and local government organizations, and other bodies.
5. To represent our community to other communities and government bodies, including joining with them, to achieve mutual goals.