The Zimbabwe Community in Australia Vic association was formed in 2005 to serve the people with a Zimbabwean heritage or links and people with an interest about Zimbabwe. The Zimbabwe Community in Australia (Victoria) mission statement is as follows:
The Association's vision is to create a strong, united, and prosperous community for all Zimbabweans and people of Zimbabwean heritage in Victoria, Australia.
The Association’s mission is to provide to its members a forum for cooperative action and consensuses building in order to promote unity, find and create opportunities, and solve problems.
- To promote a positive Zimbabwean identity for all,
- To promote the development of Zimbabwean knowledge to our community and the Australian public,
- To provide support to our community, including acting as a resource centre,
- To support community members upon bereavement,
- To facilitate, establish and improve communication within our community and other communities including federal, state, and local government organizations, and other bodies,
- To represent our community to other communities and government bodies, including joining with them, to achieve mutual goals
The guiding principle towards achieving our aims and objectives is guided by our constitution which is the Associations incorporation reform act 2012. The rules in the above document guide us as to how we are constituted and governed as an association. You can download the constitution here.
The largest ancient structure South of the Sahara and second only to the Pyramids of Egypt in size and grandeur
Victoria Falls is the largest waterfall around making it one of the world’s “Seven Natural Wonders”! Victoria Falls is one of the highest, widest and most powerful waterfall, especially in the winter months when the river is full!